Wednesday 4 August 2010

This Blog or What You Will Be Reading About If You Come Back

I have a post-it note with thirteen items on it that I want to write about on this blog. I just added two of those items today. I expect there to be even more in a week. In fact, I just added one, so now there are fourteen things on the list. Six of those things are about writing. Thus, I draw the conclusion that this blog will be mainly concerned with that. Five things are about reading, so I will be writing about books a lot as well. I am convinced that those two go hand in hand, because you have to know literature in order to create it. (There are now sixteen things on my list - two more about writing.) There are also two things on my post-it about photography, which is simply another way of telling a story.

If you have been paying attention you know that there is only one thing left on my list. In fact, that item was about writing this introduction. I had to write it down so I wouldn't forget. My memory really is that bad, yes. If you're disappointed that the last item was a bust I can promise that I will have doubled the amount of items in a week, so there is no need to worry.

I suppose I should introduce myself. I am a woman from Sweden who loves English but will never be as proficient in using it as native speakers. I want to write for a living but insist on writing in English and thus will have to rival all the amazing published writers with a much better grasp on the English language. I am at Uni, studying a subject I have lost all interest in, just because I need to make a living. I talk about becoming an author but almost never write anymore. That is why I've started this blog. I am going to write, and I am going to write about writing. I am going to improve my vocabulary, and I am going to do what I love doing. This blog is just as much about me learning as it is about sharing what I already know. I am going to be juggling school, work, responsibilities, writing, photography and this blog because one can never have too many things to do in life.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the juggling! I know exactly what that's like. The degree I received a couple months ago was just so I can say I have a degree. Writing is my passion, but unfortunately this life has little room for passion... unless we make room for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first ever comment! Thanks :).

    You're absolutely right. We have to fight for our passions, and never let reality win.

    ReplyDelete